10 May 2007

Not Your Average Breakfast

Something has gone awry at the local grocery store in Suffolk, UK. It appears that a chick can be hatched from eggs bought at the supermarket. Hmm. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to eat those eggs, not use them to hatch chickens.

Read on:Chick Hatches from Shop Egg


This brings up a lot of questions for me. As an occasional egg-eater and carnivore myself, it makes me VERY wary of the eggs I'm going to purchase in the future. I mean, if potential chicks could be hatched from them, I'm not too sure how I feel about scrambling them with bacon.

Then again, I guess all the eggs you buy could have been potential chickens no matter what. Any animal product you buy and eat, in that sense. I think this egg-hatching has just thrown everything off for me. Cute furry baby chicks....or delicious fried eggs?

I CAN'T DECIDE.



No comments: